Cavities are the permanently damaged areas on the surface of your teeth which develop into tiny holes. The cavities are also known as tooth decay and are caused by a several factors such as lack of oral hygiene, bacteria in mouth, frequent snacking, sipping sugary drinks, and not cleaning your teeth.
According to dentist near Dallas TX the symptoms may vary from person to person but some common symptoms are:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Mild to sharp pain when eating or drinking something sweet, cold, or hot
- Visible holes in your tooth
- Pain when you bite down
When to See a Dentist in Dallas
You may not be aware of a cavity forming in your teeth and hence it is important to have regular dental checkups and cleaning even if the mouth feels fine. In case of toothache, see the dentist as soon as possible.
- Having lot of sugar and starch and not cleaning your teeth well can lead to formation of plaque. The plaque becomes difficult to remove in long run and creates a shield for bacteria.
- The acid form plaque removes minerals from tooth’s enamel and the erosion causes holes in the enamel.
- Certain foods and drinks
- Frequent snacking or sipping
- Bedtime infant feeding
- Inadequate brushing
- Not getting enough fluoride
- Dry mouth
- Tooth abscess
- Chewing problems
- Damage or broken teeth
- Swelling or pus around a tooth
- Positioning shifts of teeth after tooth loss
- Brushing teeth with fluoride toothpaste
- Rinsing mouth between meals
- Visiting the dentist regularly
- Considering dental sealants
- Eating tooth-healthy foods
Establish an Oral Hygiene Routine
- Brush teeth more often
- Limit intake of sugary foods and drinks
- Floss and rinse daily
- Protect teeth with fluoride
- Visit the dentist in TX 75214
Cavity and Tooth Decay Treatment
Filling is one of the best ways of getting cavity treated. If the cavity is more intense, root canal and crowns may be the solution.